Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Day one into our daughters fight for fame and fortune.

Every parent thinks that there child is star quality, beautiful, amazing and talented. Why shouldn't they? Many parents get told WOW! Your child should be a model or your child has an amazing personality they should be an actor. Then the parents think yeah I can do that! Parents fall victim to scams everyday and they don't have the knowledge to go through the proper channels to get their child to be a success. My blog is a week by week experience into my daughters journey into the modeling and acting industry. Follow along with me and get an inside look at what you may experience if you choose to take this journey. So journey with us and explore our story.

It started when my daughter was just about five years old. She was the center of attention, everyone had eyes on her and she knew it. At the age of five my daughter performed before an agent and he was blown away. Unfortunately my husband and I could not make the commitment to take her to auditions, photo shoots, and so on so we turned down the offer for representation.  Five years later my daughter would get a second chance but wait! We had work to do and it wasn't easy. One day I received  a phone call from my brother. My brother is an over the road truck driver and one day he heard a radio station commercial mentioning  casting calls for children of all ages needed for Disney and so on. So my brother calls me and says YOU SHOULD TRY THIS OUT! So I say what the heck! I made the call. Immediately they sent me a script and gave my daughter twenty four hours to learn it. My daughter worked all day at her performance. She wanted to be absolutely perfect!. The next day we took her to the location to where she will be auditioning. After waiting with anticipation we went in. There was so many kids there! It was crazy! The staff and agents explained how the industry worked to all of the parents. Then the Staff introduced us to a famous actor that they worked with and assisted in getting started in acting. I have to say it was quite entertaining. Carefully they lined us up like cattle into rows of families and talents. One by one the children would go up to a table where the agent sat and would listen to your audition. Then the agent would tell you if you received a call that evening then you should consider it to be an honor and come in the next day to re audition.  The company made it very clear that spaces were very limited and very few people would be chosen for this amazing opportunity. We were so excited! We told ourselves we got this! As we explored this opportunity I kept all of my Facebook friends in the loop as to her progress.  It was our turn to audition. Our daughter with all the confidence of a Tom cat  gave her audition. Ok I know there are fame crazed parents out there but  It wasn't about the fame or fortune for us, it was about watching our daughter being disappointed. No parent wants to see that. So My husband and I wanted this for her  so bad we wanted this for her confidence, her hard work, and her heart.  What do you know She killed it! Yes our daughter was a natural. The agent said under his breath expect a call tonight. Leaving the room we were glowing as if we were invited to the Grammy's. I couldn't wait to update my Facebook page.  Tonight we wait with extreme anticipation for that beautiful phone call. Will we get it?.


No comments:

Post a Comment