Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Day two as we continue to journey

Today is day two so that means yes we got the call to return. We were all crazy excited about the news! Literally jumping for joy! So to celebrate we went out to eat and clothes shopping YAY! now we need a new outfit oh and those shoes, how about some costume jewelry , you know we have to look our best! .  Its always good to make a positive first impression. Bright and early we get up for day two of our adventure to fame! Out of pure excitement we arrive two hours early but that's ok we need to practice our lines from the day before. Practice makes perfect! about an hour into the wait the agent arrives with a smile from ear to ear. He was very impressed we were early. The agent greets us and hands our daughter a brand new script and says you have ten minutes to lean it. All the color ran out of my daughters face as she looks at me and says MOM! I said relax lets get to work! Five minutes later we are called to our second audition. Our daughter says " Mom that was only five minutes!". I said just do your best. We enter the private room and the interview begins. As the questions come I sit back and do my best to allow my ten year old to take charge and answer her own questions. This will show the agent  she is mature and talented. The agent takes out his tablet and begins to record as my daughter gives a performance of a lifetime. I sat and watched in awe as my daughter read the lines word for word without missing a beat! Suddenly there was silence. " Has she ever been to school for this" the agent asks. "No" I replied. "She has no experience?". He asks as her looks at me in shock. I again said "no". The agent looks at my daughter and says " Ok let me see you do the one from yesterday. Like breathing it flowed out naturally. The agent then asks her to do the new script in every emotion. Our daughter went from angry, happy, fearful, and then once she got to sad that was it! Dad and I broke down. We couldn't hold the emotions in anymore. We knew our daughter had something very special. The agent looks at us and says I am very interested in her. Holding the excitement in we sat calmly and waited. I said " Ok so what is the next step?". Dunt Dun Daaa! Here it came! He pulls out a price sheet and starts to go over packages for representation. $2500 and up to $8000. Every emotion took a turn for the worse.  As parents we had to remain calm and waited to brake the sad news transition from complete euphoric happiness to complete depression so our daughter would not loose all hope. This whole thing smelt like a scam! No agent or agency would ask for upfront money! What a waste of time! But we couldn't say that right there and we couldn't exactly tell our daughter that we have been dooped! We asked for time to process the opportunity and left. On our drive home we thought of every avenue to tell our precious angel this wasn't going to go any further.  I watched as my husband fought back the tears for his baby girl. Like a punch in the gut I had to watch our daughter cry and ask for an explanation as to why if she was so good how come were not moving forward with this? . This caused my determination grow stronger and I said that I was going to fight for this for my daughter until my last breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment